www.BeyondVolunteering.com contains information prepared by Peru Experience SAC.
We strive to ensure that the information on our pages is correct, reliable and current. However, we take no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information.
Beyond Volunteering (“BV”), at its sole discretion, may choose to change the terms, conditions, or operation of its Website (“Site”) at any time without the prior consent of our users. We are not liable for any claims our users may file against us as a result of information obtained from Beyond Volunteering.
I. Copyright, Licenses, and Trademarks
The content available through the Site is the sole property of BV and Peru Experience SAC (“PE”) or its licensors and is protected by international copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Except as otherwise explicitly agreed in writing, BV-owned content received through the Site may be downloaded, displayed, reformatted and printed for your personal, non-commercial use ONLY. Content owned by BV licensors may be subject to additional restrictions. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate the content received through the Site to anyone, including but not limited to others in the same company or organization without BV's express prior written consent. You agree to grant to BV a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sub-license, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products and services) you submit to any public areas of the Site (such as bulletin boards, forums and reviews) or by e-mail to BV by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You also grant to BV the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against BV for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to BV.
Trademarks: Publications, products, content or services referenced herein or on the Site are the exclusive trademarks or servicemarks of BV. Other product and company names mentioned in the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
II. Use of Service
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, BEYOND VOLUNTEERING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR YOUR BUSINESS FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOST OR IMPUTED PROFITS OR ROYALTIES ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDED, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OBLIGATION ARISING THEREFROM OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER LIABILITY IS ASSERTED IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY) AND IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. EACH PARTY HEREBY WAIVES ANY CLAIMS THAT THESE EXCLUSIONS DEPRIVE SUCH PARTY OF AN ADEQUATE REMEDY.
Beyond Volunteering provides a space on our website for informing and connecting prospective volunteers with volunteer opportunities provided by our partner Volunteer Organizations.
Each Volunteer Organization bears sole responsibility for the volunteer opportunities identified, including, but not limited to, all of the organization's activities, the organization's selection of volunteers, the price, and the terms and conditions of participation in the volunteer opportunities identified on this web site.
You understand that, except for information, products or services clearly identified as being supplied by BV, BV does not operate, control or endorse any information, products or services on the Internet in any way. Except for BV, identified information, products or services, all information, products and services offered through the Site or on the Internet generally are offered by third parties, that are not affiliated with BV. You also understand that BV cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INTERNET. BV PROVIDES THE SITE AND RELATED INFORMATION “AS IS” AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE, ANY MERCHANDISE INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY, AND BV SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH TRANSACTION. IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, ADVICE, SERVICES, MERCHANDISE AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY. BV DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED.
YOU UNDERSTAND FURTHER THAT THE PURE NATURE OF THE INTERNET CONTAINS UNEDITED MATERIALS SOME OF WHICH ARE SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO YOU. YOUR ACCESS TO SUCH MATERIALS IS AT YOUR RISK. BV HAS NO CONTROL OVER AND ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR SUCH MATERIALS.
III. Terms of Volunteer Agreement
It is the sole responsibility of the Volunteer to provide BV with complete and truthful information as requested by BV through the Volunteer Profile and the below stated terms. As a volunteer, you agree to the following terms and conditions of the Volunteer Agreement:
• You have adequate Travel / Medical Insurance to cover you while volunteering with BV.
• Your passport has at least 6 months validity after the prospective date of your departure from Peru and it is your sole responsibility to have a valid visa in order to enter Peru. If you are refused entry or exit, to or from Peru, BV is not responsible for any additional costs incurred.
• You do not suffer from any alcohol, drug or self harming dependency, or any chronic condition which might become apparent during your stay with BV and the Volunteer Organization.
• You consider volunteering with BV as seriously as any paid employment and to that end you will always be diligent and turn up for work promptly, and not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• You do not have any criminal convictions of violent / child abusive behavior and you have communicated with BV any related past offenses.
• You understand that BV shall not be liable for any changes to accommodation or cancellation of the Volunteer Placement which is beyond our control.
• You agree to volunteer fully at your own risk and understand that BV shall not accept liability for any loss, damage or injury to any property, other person or my own personal being and BV are not in any way responsible for any illness, accidents or events during your Volunteering Experience or travel arranged by BV which may result in injury, loss or fatality.
• BV houses you (only applicable to Volunteer Organizations where housing is available) on a safe and secure compound but it does not accept any responsibility for the safety or security of Volunteers. You are responsible for keeping yourself and your belongings safe and secure.
• You respect the confidentiality of the information you gain while volunteering with BV and the Volunteer Organization. You agree not to publish reports, information or photographs without explicit written permission from BV.
• You agree to uphold the highest standards of professional and ethical behavior at all times. You will adhere to BV’s and Volunteer Organization’s rules and procedures on appropriate cultural behavior and dress during your time with BV.
• You confirm that my general state of health and fitness is good and I take full responsibility for your health and wellbeing while with BV. You have completed the Medical Portion of the Volunteer Profile completely and honestly and have reviewed BV’s medical advice about necessary inoculations and malaria as stated in the Volunteer Information Packet.
• You have read and understand the Volunteer Information Packet and the Guidelines and will comply with all of them.
Failure to comply with all terms of condition, explicated and implicitly stated, grant BV the grounds immediately terminate the Volunteer Agreement at BV’s discretion. This will be done at no extra cost to BV or the Volunteer Organization. In addition, volunteer must pay a penalty fee of the cost (as stated on Site) of 2 weeks at Volunteer Organization (or the remainder of their stay if less than two weeks) and is responsible for all costs to leave site. Any deposits are non-refundable in this situation.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless BV, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, partner Volunteer Organizations and any third party information providers to the Service from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the Service.
V. Third Party Rights
The provisions of Sections II (Use of Service), and IV (Indemnification) are for the benefit of BV and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to the Service. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
This Agreement may be terminated by BV at any time if there is any violation of the terms of this agreement. The provisions of Sections I (Copyright, Licenses and Trademarks), II (Use of the Service), IV (Indemnification), V (Third Party Rights) and VII (Miscellaneous) shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
This Agreement shall all be governed and construed in accordance with the international laws and the laws of Peru applicable to agreements made and to be performed. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between BV and you for any purpose concerning this Agreement or the parties’ obligations hereunder shall be brought court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Peru. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the Service must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred. BV’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. BV may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
We reserve any rights not expressly granted herein.